If it were easy, everyone would do it.

If mindful eating were easy, everyone would do it.

If mindful eating were easy, we’d have a population of people at healthy weights. If mindful eating and eating what your body naturally requires were easy, we wouldn’t have 68.8% of the population, or more than 2/3 of ALL AMERICANS, designated as overweight or obese.

If mindful eating were easy,

Dove Chocolate would not have made an entire campaign around placing encouraging words on chocolate wrappers because they think you’re reaching for chocolate when you’re overwhelmed with emotions.

If mindful eating were easy,

Everyone Would Do It.

But it’s not easy. Dealing with your emotions is NOT easy. Most people turn to simple pleasures like food. Chocolate. Wine. 

It’s not easy to stop yourself and begin to ask yourself why you overeat. It’s not easy to begin to ask yourself to track these behaviors and work on changing them. It’s not easy to take a habit that’s engrained in you from childhood, and turn from that habit toward another habit.

It’s not easy.

It’s worth it.

It’s worth it to have a healthy relationship with food.

It’s worth it to NOT feel guilty when you do indulge in things you are really enjoying eating, and not because you are overwhelmed with emotions.

It’s worth it to KNOW that you are treating your body right 90% of the time, and the other 10% of the time is just fun times that you DON’T feel guilty for because you want to live your life.

It’s worth it to know when you indulge, that you wont slip back into a slipper slope of binge eating and overindulging. 

Those things make it all worth it.

You will look back, and in the end you will be thankful for what you’ve learned and how you’ve been able to cope with your emotions in a way that doesn’t involve foods and involves actually working through your ups and downs and coming out better in the end.

It isn’t easy.

But it’s worth it.

Share Button
Please follow and like us:

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge
RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Facebook
Google+
http://www.nutritiontofruition.com/if-it-were-easy-everyone-would-do-it">
LinkedIn